Lobster questions...or something.

10:32 AM

Did you guys know that my friend Hannah is famous? CRAZY. For nostalgia's sake here is an old pic of us in our youth.





She tagged me for some kind of something (and I love those) so here we goooooo!



1. If you were any TV character, who would you be and why?
Question, can I be Jimmy Fallon? I feel like he has the best job. Sit at a desk, talk to famous people, play ridiculous games, make funny jokes, hang out with the Roots. I pick Jimmy Fallon

 
2. What are you really really good at? Like, your superpower if you were a superhero...
I'm pretty dang good at making pancakes. And fried eggs. So breakfast. My super power is breakfast. Which is pretty important, the most important meal of the day. I don't know how I would harness that power and translate it into saving the world buuut...I could make it work.
  3. What got you into blogging? How did you feel about it when you started?
I had a Livejournal (what) and I loved being able to type out my feelings and what happened during the day and post it for an anonymous audience. It was easier than physically writing in a journal all the time. Then I graduated to tumblr and then Marc Barnes became really popular and Hannah and I thought, we could do that. So we did. I felt only a little weird about it and then I got over it because I love writing. For any reason. Then I wanted to start my own (boring) daily(ish) blog and here we are!
  4. What's your favorite quote? 
Uggggggh. Okay.

Biblical: And the Word became Flesh and dwelt among us.

Literary: "And then her heart changed, or at least she understood it; and the winter passed, and the sun shone upon her.” J.R.R. Tolkien, Return of the King

Movie: "This is my hat now" --Hot Rod

Badass: The truth does not change according to our ability to stomach is --Flannery O'Connor 
  5. How often do you do the laundry? Dishes? Other household chores?
Geez. Okay, I do laundry like maybe once a week. I have a lot of underwear and I'm a dirty grunge 90s child and wear my clothes multiple times before I wash them.

I do dishes ALL THE TIME. I hate dishes in the sink, near the sink, etc. 

Other chores I do when I see how gross it looks. Like, oh, spiderwebs in the corners? Let's get those. Enough hair to make a wig from the bathroom floor? Time to sweep. You get the picture. 
  6. What's your guilty pleasure? 
 Taylor Swift's new album. Not proud.

   7. Do you like to take naps? How often do you get to nap?
Naps are my love language. I studied Spanish Language and Culture in college and I'm 100% on board with siestas. If I could, I would nap everyday. Now it depends on the week and how busy we are with ministry. Being a FOCUS missionary rocks because our hours are so weird that we often have afternoon hours free (since students are in class) AKA prime nap time.
  8. What's your favorite alcoholic drink? 
I like alcohol brown, my wine red, and my beer stout-y. I don't do clear alcohol. If I had to pick one, I would pick whiskey. If I had to pick more than that I would pick Maker's Mark.

9. What time do you usually go to bed? Are you a night owl or a morning person?
I like to be in bed around 11pm. If I had it my way I would be in bed at 9pm. I used to be a night owl but now my body protests that behavior in a very aggressive sort of way. John is a night owl and most college students are night people so I try really hard to stay up. Hence, napping.
  10. Do you vote/get into political things? What interests you the most about politics?
I need to get into political things. I normally wait until something really bad happens before I get involved in politics. So, that's not responsible. 

A priest friend just posted this on his facebook: I am too old to be paying this little attention to the national political scene, and yet too young to be this violently disenchanted by it.

I relate to that strongly.

Thanks for tagging me, Hannah!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram