Not just treading water

4:55 PM

You know when you move and you feel like the first couple of days you are just treading water? Just trying to keep your head above the waves?

Well I finally feel like...maybe...I'm past that point. I mean, I'm sure I will feel it again BUT now all my stuff is (basically) put away and I have groceries in my cabinet and I've finally met some students.

Praise the Lord.

Exciting CA news in 3 bullet points!

1. At 3:20am there was a magnitude 6.1 earthquake in Northern CA! You guys! It was crazy. I've never experienced an earthquake before so it was nuts. My teammates share a room so we all woke up and waited until it was over and nothing feel over or off the walls. Literally the only damage is that our floor lamp tipped over (but didn't fall)...but also it's old and jankey so that may have happened before.

But pray for Northern Cal, especially the Napa area because it was rowdy up there; fallen furniture, fires in trailer parks, no electricity, etc.

2. So John and I are getting married in November which means our teammate Carlos needed to find a new roommate. And today there was 2 (two) people who got in contact with him about living with him. A great problem to have.

While he figured that out, John and I hip hopped over to padmapper and began to hunker down on our own apt search.

Carlos took a picture because it was "Sooooo cute".

And then he asked what a garbage disposal was and we rocked his world.


3. I saved the most boring one for last. My teammate Maya is very health conscious and athletic and a great example of someone who eats enough fruits and vegetables. 

I have consumed so. much. kale since I've moved. And I actually like it. Weird.

She also has this huuuuuuuge jug of egg whites in the fridge and it just cracks me up.

Egg puns for everyone.


Anyway, thanks for reading y'all. I hope the earthquake didn't affect you at all. And I hope you eat all the kale your heart can handle.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram